A Swamp School classroom or field workshop will be cancelled due to inclement weather only if the training venue is closed. If an event is cancelled due to inclement weather, every attempt will be made to reschedule and your registration fee will be applied to the rescheduled date. Certain course lecture materials can be made available online and students will be provided access information. Any travel expenses that may have been incurred cannot be refunded. If the event is held, but weather conditions prohibit your safe travel so you are unable to attend, we unfortunately cannot refund your registration fee.
Check radio and television station's website or airing in the area of the training for an announcement of facility closure. Whenever possible, cancellation announcements will be posted to the "Latest News" section of the Swamp School’s website homepage.
Because you never know what will happen on a field day, we will not cancel a field workshop due to rain or snow. However, there are some weather conditions where we will cancel a field session. We will communicate any cancellations via email.
- Extreme cold conditions (actual temperature is 0 degrees Fahrenheit or below OR wind chill is negative 20 degrees Fahrenheit or below)
- Extreme heat conditions (for example, the heat index is in excess of 100)
- Any other dangerous weather conditions, such as ice storm, hail, extremely poor visibility, etc.
- Thunderstorm or anytime lightning is present
- Tornado warnings and/or high winds
When bad weather is forecasted, your instructor may take a “wait-and-see” approach where a field class is not canceled prior, but may be canceled or changed onsite. Your safety is highly important, and we will not compromise it.